Michael Simon Accomplishments
Class Action Litigation
- Represented Plaintiff in landmark case establishing Fair Housing Act remedies for consumers against private mortgage insurance companies.
- Litigated and settled claim against national retailer in 23 states for off the clock work
- Litigated and settled case against paving company which established right of drivers to overtime compensation.
- Obtained summary judgment against in-state retailer that determined the fluctuating work week method of overtime was illegal under the Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Act.
- Litigated and resolved case against large commercial real estate developer for surface water run-off damage.
- Litigated settled sexual harassment case against surgeon by three (3) female employees.
- Jury verdict following month long trial against national insurance company for negligent actions of their independent broker.
- Jury verdict against mobile home park operator after intentionally destroying mobile home of tenant.
- Obtained injunction against real estate developer for infringing on rights of private property owners in residential development.
- Litigated and recovered recovery of substantial sums taken by children of incapacitated family member.
- Litigated the return of certificates of deposit taken with fraudulently obtained power of attorney.
- Litigated the return of real property to elderly widow through fraud committed by family member involving proceedings in both bankruptcy and Common Pleas court.
- Litigated case resulting in reappointment of fired police officer in major urban city.
- Obtained several reported decisions in the Pennsylvania appellate courts concerning the interpretation of the unemployment laws and the interpretation of the regulations involving unemployment compensation proceedings.
- Litigated to verdict slander of title case.
- Litigated bankruptcy fraud case involving recovery of approximately $250,000.00 in liquid assets.
- Litigated and recovered real property of minor children fraudulently taken by grandparents.
- Litigated to verdict personal injury actions (both for Plaintiff and Defense) as well as cases for misrepresentation, fraud and racial discrimination.
- Defended clients in FLSA audits involving overtime and wage payments.
- Litigated and recovered substantial assets for victims of Ponzi real estate investment scheme created by CPA and investment advisor.